Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday Intros -- Interior Designs


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.

This week I'm starting a book by one of our fellow bloggers.  Laurel-Rain Snow. The book is Interior Designs. Here's the intro:
When I woke up, my thoughts sifted through my mind slowly, like pieces of a dream. I could feel the sun through the spaces in the blinds, and I gradually saw my surroundings -- my pink and white floral Laura Ashley spread, the matching shams, and other assorted pillows -- and that normally blissful feeling started to descend. And then something jarred me fully awake. I sat up slowly, and the heavy cloak of despair fell down around my shoulders. My now-familiar life began to take shape.
When had my world morphed into this despair that seemed to follow me into every waking moment? Why did my sleep bring my only peace these days?
 I look forward to reading Laurel's novel.

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Thanks for featuring my novel, Paulita...I hope you enjoy it. And thanks for visiting my blog.

Literary Feline said...

I like the opening you shared, Paulita. It really captures the mood of the narrator and I want to know what her circumstances are that she feels so sad.

Kay said...

I like the beginning and would continue to find out what's next. Hope you enjoy it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I'm definitely curious for more. Hope you enjoy this one.

Tea said...

The opening is beautiful. I do know about that feeling of despair. I understand the sleep statement too. I hope to read Laurel's book one day.

grammajudyb said...

Interior Designs is on my shelf to read. Love this opeining.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...