Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dreaming of France -- Musee d'Orsay


Please join this weekly meme. Grab a copy of the photo above and link back to An Accidental Blog. Share with the rest of us your passion for France. Did you read a good book set in France? See a movie? Take a photo in France? Have an adventure? Eat a fabulous meal or even just a pastry? Or if you're in France now, go ahead and lord it over the rest of us. We can take it.
In my new short story, "French Masquerade," a scene takes place in Musée d'Orsay. I have never met anyone who doesn't love Musée d'Orsay. When I picture walking through it, I imagine a stillness that belies the crowd, brought on by the impressiveness of the artwork.
Here are a couple of pictures from Musée d'Orsay.
Here's a view from inside the museum taking a shot out the clock window at the Seine.
 
Then here's an overview of the museum from the top floor.
The architecture of the building is worth seeing, never mind the brilliant artwork inside.
Last time we visited, we sat on the steps outside enjoying a snack before soldiering on with our sightseeing. Here's a picture of my husband resting outside Musée d'Orsay.
Do you have a lovely memory of visiting Musée d'Orsay? Share it.
And I'd love it if you'd consider buying my short story, "French Masquerade" on Amazon for 99 cents. Also available in Amazon UK for 77 pence.



8 comments:

Louise said...

I have memories of going to Musee D'Orsay, but for some reason I wasn't swept away like I thought I would. Although we forgot to go see the clock view- perhaps that's why, that certainly looks special. I hadn't seen your post about your new short story- I downloaded it today, and will hope to read it soon- I'm at a book festival all this week, and I have two books I really want to finish before sessions there- I'm sure it's not going to happen, but I'll try what I can.

Paulita said...

Louise, Thanks so much for your support.
Maybe you had too much build up for Musee d'Orsay. Sometimes when everyone gushes about a place, there's a kind of let down. Hope you get another chance to try it. I recommend going early before it gets too crowded.

Jeanie said...

This is one of my favorite spots -- partly because I love all the Impressionism. I have lots of memories but two hold clear. The first time I visited, photos were allowed. Something changed in three years and I didn't see the sign -- and got busted. Twice. But not before I got one of my favorite photos -- Rick, falling asleep on the bench near the sculpture because he was so tired!

Just Me said...

Got my copy. Thank you for yet another very good read! Hope there will be more to come. I was careful not to read a single thing, wanting to have no ideas going into it. The title sums it all up for me.

BTW, the cover is beautiful.

The French Hutch said...

Musee D’Orsay is one of my favorite museums in Paris. I always find it familiar and different and I love finding a new favorite painting on each visit. I will definitely will be visiting again.


Paulita said...

Just Me, Thanks for your support with my writing. Hope you really enjoyed it!
French Hutch, Great to discover your blog.

Sim Carter said...

I loved the D'Orsay, all that glass, and the old train station vibe. It's been too long but I remember the friend I traveled with and I were both pretty blown away.
Sorry i missed this earlier - I thought you always did Dreaming of France on Mondays!

I'm also sorry I didn't get to your story but I will soon, I love the beginning pages I read on Amazon, I just haven't had time to finish it:)

Paulita said...

Sim,I usually post Dreaming of France on Sunday evening for my Australian friends who are posting Monday morning. But it's definitely a Monday meme.
Thanks for your support with my short story. I know you're busy with your own writing, which is terrific.

Cockadoodle Doo or Cocorico?

 We stood in the middle of the road, having walked together 13 miles that day and Claudine grasped my forearm. "Mais non! It doesn'...